I thought the Sorbetto was a great top, such an easy pattern and now I’ve discovered very versatile. So, here are two adaptations! Notice for both I did not put the pleat in the front, the reason being I felt it did not suit the voile and would be a pain matching the stripes up on the dress. For both adaptations I just continued the curved out from the waist and for the length I wanted!
For the top I initially had the front and back the same length with a scooped hem to the seam, front and back, which would have looked great about 4 inches longer it would have been a stunning dress, but as it turned out it just didn’t look right as a top, so a dipped hem did emerge! I was so lucky to have the pink binding floating around in the binding jar, it’s a great match to the flowers.
This was originally and Primark maxi skirt. I love maxi skirts but as we all know when they are on a gather elasticated waistband they are not flattering. Yippee for a refashion! I think this will defo get more wear than the skirt.